This is my first migration from 2007 to 2010. The 2007 contains a lot of custom code, eID login and variations. Migrating the code and the eID login wasn’t that hard. But then there was variations. These are some issues I encountered.
1 Migration Issue: "One or more field types are not installed properly"
I found the fix at The SharePoint Coffee House.
2 The Variation Home location was empty.
After I migrated the content database, I thought it would be a good idea to scan the variations relationships list for errors.
I executed the following command.
stsadm –o variationsfixuptool –url <absolute web URL> –scan
I got the following error.
Invalid URI: URI is empty
I went to the variation settings and I saw that the field was empty.
I searched Google how I could fix this but no success.
I don't think this fix is supported so it is at your own risk.
In IE open your Developer Toolbar. Select the arrow and click on the textbox that is disabled.
Click on the left disabled and remove the word disabled.
Now that disabled has been removed you can enter your variation home location and click on the “Ok” button.
Go back to the variations settings and check if the variation home location has been altered.
3 Column ‘LastPropagatedSourcePageVersion’ does not exist ….
After I fixed the variation home location I executed the scan command and there were some issues.
So I executed the following command.
stsadm –o variationsfixuptool –url <absolute web URL> –fix
I got the following error
Column ‘LastPropagatedSourcePageVersion’ does not exist …
You can go to the very hidden list of de relationships list and create a new column “LastPropagatedSourcePageVersion”.
URL: http://rootwebURL/relationships list
After you did that run the fix command again.
4 Dutch SharePoint Navigation broken after migration
After the migration we noticed that the navigation for the Dutch part was missing.
Bas explained this SharePoint Navigation broken after migration from 2007 to 2010.
Here is a quick fix, just run this script that can be found here.
$site = Get-SPSite("http://WebApplicationURL")
foreach ($web in $site.AllWebs)
Write-Output("web:" + $web.ServerRelativeUrl);
$pageslistid = $web.AllProperties["__PagesListId"]
Write-Output($web.ServerRelativeUrl +" doesn't have a pages list id set - skipping");
$pageslistguid = new-object System.Guid($pageslistid)
$pageslist = $web.Lists[$pageslistguid]
$pagesurl = $pageslist.RootFolder.Url
$pb = $web.Properties;
Write-Output($web.ServerRelativeUrl +" set pages list to " + $pagesurl);