In case you noticed my RSS feed acting weird; I was updating the CKS:EBE version (currently version 2.0 Beta 2) on my blog. One of the downsides when running alfa/beta software I guess. But it's never been an issue so far. I have so far really enjoyed working on this community project.
The latest version is almost ready for release (keep an eye out on http://www.codeplex.com/CKS for further details !) and includes a lot of bug fixes and performance improvements.
- Easily deployable solution file (.WSP) with Features that can be activated or deactivated
- Modular Theme Framework ("MTF")
- Protection for anonymous access to 'System Pages'. This means anonymous users cannot access /lists/.aspx, /forms/.aspx, /_layouts/*.aspx
- MetaBlogApi working a bit better...You will need to create a Picture/Document library called Media for it to upload images.
- Support for Akismet comment spam detection
- Multiple categories/tags can be mapped to each blog entry/post
- Anonymous comments can be moderated
- CAPTCHA Validation for reducing spam comments
- Name and URL fields in comments
- Friendly URL ("FURL") for the blog's posts
- Friendly URL for the blog's RSS feed
- Support for CKS:TagCloud web part (being released separately)
- Configurable settings
- Enable content caching
- CAPTCHA validation on comments and contact forms
- Enable post trimming
- Lock down system pages
- Akismet key spam validation
- Set specific blog theme (as the default)
- Custom RSS feed (e.g. from Feedburner)
- Enable Theme Selector (so users can select their own theme)
Could you have told that this blog was running on Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 ?