I’m currently testing our InfoPath Web Forms for an upcoming migration to InfoPath 2010 and SharePoint 2010 and have come up with a reproducible issue.
InfoPath Web Forms cannot use values from other Data Sources as parameters in a Submit Data Connection. When the form is submitted a warning “There has been an error while processing the form.” shows. From that point on the only working option is Exit Form.
- It does not affect data connections to XML files, only when the query data connections connects to a Web Service
- It does not affect the offline version of the form (InfoPath Filler 2010)
- Tested in both December 2010 Cumulative Update and February 2011 Cumulative Update for SharePoint 2010
- Create a new InfoPath Web Form
- Add a Query Data Connection to retrieve data from a Web Service
Add a Submit Data Connection to submit data to a Web Service. Configure at least 1 parameter (if more then one) to link to a value from the above Query Data Connection
- Configure the form to submit using the above connection
- Publish the form to SharePoint 2010 and open a new form in the browser
Store the value of the query data connection in an intermediary field in the form (“Main” Data Connection). Configure the Submit Data Connection to use the intermediary field value as parameter for the Submit. You can store the value as late as possible using Rules in Submit Options or your own submit buttons.